Nothing says “classy weather instrumentation” like a large, metal wall thermometer emblazoned with vintage ski poster art. The Sestriere Ski Thermometer recalls the golden age of alpine skiing in the Italian Alps. Sestriere, a municipality in the province of Turin, Italy, has long been a favorite winter sports destination for travelers and adventurous people from all over the world. The artwork on our indoor/outdoor thermometer is exemplary of the French and Italian style ski posters from the first half of the 20th century and it captures the feel of an Italian ski villa, such as Sestriere, in a way no other medium can. When you hang this piece of functional wall art in your backyard, garage, or mountainside cabin, you’ll be giving a nod to a simpler, hedonistic time, when beautiful scenery, and beautiful women, filled the Italian Alps and the minds of young travelers across the globe. The Sestriere Ski Thermometer is an excellent gift for any collector of vintage artwork or winter sports enthusiast.
Important Shipping Info
- Please allow 10-14 days to ship.
- Vintage ski poster artwork printed on large, metal outdoor/indoor thermometer.
- Provides temperature readings in both Fahrenheit and Celsius scales.
- Two pre-drilled holes for easy mounting on almost any surface.
- Measures: 17”H X 5”W and protrudes 3/4” from wall when mounted.